Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana
Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY) is the flagship scheme of the Ministry of Skill Development & Entrepreneurship (MSDE). The objective of this Skill Certification Scheme is to enable a large number of Indian youth to take up industry-relevant skill training that will help them in securing a better livelihood.
The Centre Accreditation and Affiliation comprise of following main steps:
• Step 1: Training Provider (TP) Registration: Training Provider (TP) fills the Application form and pays the registration fees. Inspection Agency (IA) conducts Desktop Assessment (DA) and shares the status with TP. On being Deemed Ready (DR), the TP proceeds with Training Centre creation. This registration will be valid for 3 years from the date of getting DR status. For example, if a TP gets DR on 2nd October 2016 then this registration will be valid till 1st October 2019.
• Step 2: Centre Accreditation Application Form (CAAF) registration and Training Centre (TC) Accreditation:
o Stage 1: Training Centre (TC) fills the CAAF and submits the CAAF registration fees. IA conducts Desktop Assessment (DA) and shares the status with TC, basis which a ”Letter of Registration” is shared with the TC. Post Deemed Ready status if the TC is recommended/empanelled by any donor agency/scheme, the TC shall undergo physical inspection process as mentioned below. .
o Stage 2: Post empanelment or recommendation the TC pays accreditation fees and applies for physical inspection. If the TC is recommended for Accreditation or Conditional Accreditation after physical inspection, the case is shared with SSC for a final review and status updation. In case a TC gets recommended for a job role other than those mentioned in the letter of registration, then the TC needs to follow stage 1 and 2 with all requisite fees for the additional job role.
• Step 3: Training Centre (TC) Accreditation: The respective SSC reviews the inspection report of the Training Centre and accords the TC with Accreditation/ Conditional Accreditation status and TC receives an accreditation certificate. If the SSC does not agree with the IA recommendation, the case is forwarded to the Accreditation Committee.
• Step 4: Training Centre (TC) Affiliation: After getting accredited/conditionally accredited status from SSC, the TC applies for Affiliation for accredited Job Roles and pays the following fees: a) Continuous Monitoring Guidelines for Accreditation, Affiliation and Continuous Monitoring of Training Centres 11 b) Affiliation fees Affiliation is auto accorded to the TC after payment of affiliation fees.
• Step 5: Continuous Monitoring of Training Centres (TC): TC is continuously monitored on SMART as per the process and metrics. The TC shall download the mobile application from Google Playstore. TC will receive quarterly push notification via the mobile application to upload certain images of the TC. Failure to do so will lead to reduction in Accreditation score of the TC.
This will impact any future allocations and disbursement of funds to the TC. The TC will then have to re-apply for physical inspection to increase the score.
• Step 6: Renewal of Accreditation and Affiliation: Post 1 year from receiving the accreditation status, the TC may re-apply for Accreditation and Affiliation. This process will be available for the TC 3 months prior to expiry of accreditation status. The TP registration will expire 3 years from receiving the DR status. Post 3 years, the TP may apply for renewal of the registration on SMART.
Lifecycle of Training Partner & Training Centre
With a holistic approach towards enabling a strong skill development system, the Lifecycle of Training Partner and Training Centre is aimed at building a quality assured process, meeting the required parameters of the Training Provider(s) and the Training Centre(s). To achieve this objective, NSDC provides a single-window clearance system to the Training Providers (TPs) with the following features:
- Transparent, unified, one-stop solution with mandated time-bound delivery of accreditation and affiliation of Training Centres
- Single, front-end portal interface for Training Providers, ensuring accessibility to Sector Skill Councils (SSCs) and Schemes
- Providing opportunity to stakeholders to perform continuous technology-driven monitoring of the Training Centres
- Evaluating the performance of skill development programs objectively, to foster excellence and build effectiveness while delivering competency-based training
- Enabling the trainees and other stakeholders to make informed choices regarding Training Centres
- Equipment Details- Job Role Wise
- Lab Area Details- Job Role Wise
- Accreditation Grading Metrics – Skill Ecosystem Guidelines
- Trainer Qualification -Job Role Wise
- Guidelines of Accreditation, Affiliation and continuous Monitoring of Training Centres
Pmkvy for Disabled Candidates
A Dynamic and evolving organization with a National Vision and focus of skilling Persons with Disability, The Skill Council for Persons with Disability (SCPwD) was incepted in October 2015 to offer Persons with Disabilities meaningful, industry relevant, skill based training.
The Organization was promoted by Confederation of Indian Industry under the aegis of Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship and Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment. It targets skill development of People with Disabilities as per industry needs which can help them to be gainfully employed and contribute to India’s growing economy.
All initiatives taken by SCPwD empowering PwD (Persons with Disability), move towards formulating local and national level strategies for shaping the future of PwD in India.
In order to address various queries coming from different TPs across the country in respect of affiliation for PwD numbers under PMKVY 2.0 for the year 2019-20, Training Providers kindly note:
In addition to the RFP released by NSDC for the allocation of target under PMKVY 2.0 for the year 2019-20, reference 2. c. (Section on Background), Training Providers willing to create PwD exclusive Training Centres (TCs) to conduct training programme for PwD exclusive batches can also directly register themselves and on-board their PwD exclusive TCs through Skill India Portal (SIP) in favour of SCPwD.
It may be noted that the Training Providers will need to fulfill the updated training center accreditation and residential guidelines as are available on SMART portal of NSDC. We are sharing the link to facilitate convenience to download and study the guidelines before applying for accreditation and affiliation of TCs.
|1.||User Guideline TC Registration||VIEW DETAILS|
|2.||Residential Guideline:||VIEW DETAILS|
|3.||Accreditation Standard Guideline|
|4.||SCPwD Job Roles (available on SDMS)||VIEW DETAILS|
|5.||Accessibility Guideline||VIEW DETAILS|
|6.||Tangible Benefits for PwD Training||VIEW DETAILS|
RECOGNITION OF PRIOR LEARNING(RPL)
The Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship (MSDE) launched Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY) in the year 2015. This Scheme was further extended in the year 2016. The objective of this Skill Certification Scheme was to enable a large number of Indian youth to take up industry-relevant skill training that will help them in securing a better livelihood.
A component for assessment and certification of individuals with prior learning experience or skills was also introduced under the Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) component of the Scheme. So far, more than 6 lakh individuals have been RPL certified under PMKVY Scheme.
The proposing entity under RPL is referred to as the Project Implementing Agency (PIA). Additionally, individual entities may be on-boarded by the PIA for conduct for various on-ground activities such as mobilization (Mobilization Agency), counselling, pre-screening and orientation delivery (RPL Facilitator Organization).
RPL extends to 2000+ job roles aligned to NSQF provided these are QRC and NSQC approved.
Project Implementing Agency:
PIA can be any legal entity such as SSC, Industry Association, Training Partner, Government Body, NGO and Corporate, except Assessment Agency.
RPL Candidate:RPL is applicable to any candidate of Indian nationality who,
- On the date of enrolment, fits the minimum age criteria as per the Qualification Pack (QP) requirements
- Possesses an Aadhaar Card [verifiable alternate IDs, such as PAN or Voter ID may be applicable for Jammu & / Kashmir (J&K) and certain states in the North-East Region] and a bank account, and
- Fits the pre-screening criteria defined by SSC for the respective job role
- No fee is charged from a candidate for participating in the RPL program
- RPL recognizes the value of learning acquired outside a formal setting and provides a government certificate for an individual’s skills
- Every successfully certified candidate receives INR 500
- Candidate receive exposure to concepts of digital and financial literacy
- Candidate receive an accidental insurance coverage for three years at free of cost